Language Professionals offers a complete conference interpreting service. We provide the highest quality of simultaneous interpreting in Australia by contracting the best interpreters available.
Successful communication in multilingual international conferences is the prime concern of Max Doerfler and Bertold Schmitt, Language Professionals’ high level interpreting specialists, both members of the A.I.I.C. (International Association of Conference Interpreters), the only world-wide association of professional conference interpreters. Bertold brings with him a wealth of expertise after spending over 10 years successfully providing conference interpreting and organising services to European clients from his former Brussels base.
Recent conference interpreting events involving Language Professionals’ Max Doerfler or Bertold Schmitt include:
- 22 to 26 October – CCFICS in Brisbane (English, Spanish and French)
- 11 to 12 October – 2018 Annual Meetings of the IMF and World Bank Group, Bali (Indonesia)
- 9 September – FutureNet World Convention 2018, Macau
- 16 – 18 March – ASEAN Special summit in Sydney (Indonesian, Khmer, Lao, Thai, Vietnamese and English) more >>>
- 14 February – SBS Insight programme (Mandarin and Cantonese)
- 25 November – Futurenet Event 2017 – Launch of Futuro Cryptocurency, Macau
- 12-30 November – China Advanced Leadership Program 2017 (CALP 2017), Canberra, Sydney, Wellington (NZ), Auckland (NZ), Melbourne – Mandarin/English
- 7 to 9 November – IndustriALL, Women’s Committee – GFA Working Group; Exec. Comm. Plenary, Colombo (Sri Lanka)
- 30 to 31 October – World Dental Forum, Beijing (China)
- 15 to 16 October – 2017 World Recycling Convention, Bureau of International Recycling, New Delhi (India)
- 1 to 5 April – 136th Inter-Parliamentary Union Assembly, Dhaka (Bangladesh)
- 22 to 24 May – 2017 World Recycling Convention, Bureau of International Recycling, Hong Kong
- 3 to 6 May – Visit by Parliam. State Secretary (German Ministry of Labour & Social Affairs), Canberra, Sydney (AUS)
- 1-5 May – CCFICS 23, Mexico City, Mexico – English/Arabic/French/Spanish – conference interpreting organised by Language Professionals
- November – Parliam. visit by the Deputy Speaker of the German Bundestag (German<->English), 16 to 20 November 2016, Yangon (Myanmar)
- October – ASEAN Parliamentarian Group (German Bundestag) delegation (German<->English), 12 to 13 October 2016, Singapore
- October – ASEAN Parliamentarian Group (German Bundestag) delegation (German<->English), 7 to 12 October 2016, Jakarta & Aceh (Indonesia)
- October – ASEAN Parliamentarian Group (German Bundestag) delegation (German<->English), 3 to 6 October 2016, Manila (Philippines)
- September – G7 Meeting of Education Ministers, Kurashiki, Japan (German<->English)
- May – G7 Meeting of Science Ministers, Tsukaba, Japan (German<->English)
- April – International Association of Public Transport, 56th Electrical Installations & Safety Systems Subcommittee Meeting, Hong Kong (German<->English)
- April – China Pet Food Audit – NSW, QLD, VIC (Mandarin<->English)
- February and March – Commercial litigation, Supreme Court of New South Wales, Sydney Australia (German<->English)
- January – China Australia Dairy Plants Audit– NSW, VIC (Mandarin<->English)
- November/December – Chinese Advanced Leadership Program (Chinese<->English) more >>>
- November – Hologic International Sales Meeting (pharmaceutical devices) (German<->English)
- November – Annual meeting of the World Wine Trade Group (Spanish<->English)
- October – World Dental Forum, Hong Kong (German<->English)
- October – 22nd Codex Committee on Food Import and Export Inspection and Certification Systems (CCFICS) French and Spanish
- October – Visit of German Minister of State and delegation – Sydney, Canberra, Whitsundays, Brisbane (German<->English)
- September – Latin American Parliamentary Delegation to Australia (Spanish<->English)
- June – Recording of special Insight episode in Jakarta, Where is Indonesia headed? (Indonesian)
- April – BRP Club product launch, Sydney (Mandarin and Japanese)
- April – China Australia Dairy Plants Audit – NSW, QLD, VIC (Mandarin)
- January – Taiwan Audit– NSW, QLD, VIC (Mandarin)
- December – China Advanced Leadership Programme – Canberra, Sydney, Wellington, Melbourne – 3 week programme
- November – G20 Leaders’ Summit – Brisbane – 53 interpreters, 14 languages. more >>>
- October – Codex Committee on Food Import and Export Inspection and Certification Systems (CCFICS)
- September – G20 Meeting of Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors – Cairns
- September – G20 Labour and Employment Ministers Meeting (LEMM) – Melbourne, 12 languages.
- August – Australia-Latin America Parliamentary Dialogue, 10 days
- June – Knowledge of Design Week, Hong Kong
- February – G20 Meeting of Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors – Sydney
Typical conference interpreting assignments include:
- international conferences and conventions
- trade negotiations
- visiting parliamentary delegations
A highly effective conference can only be achieved if the preparation is thorough and planned. We can coordinate all the interpreters for you, their travel and accommodation as well as conference interpreting booths and equipment if required. Language Professionals promotes full contractual transparency for conference organisers.
Our conference interpreters are experienced professionals, routinely working in international meetings. Most are members of the International Association of Conference Interpreters (AIIC).
Conference interpreting requires a wide range of skills in addition to language fluency, such as the ability to work in a team. Experienced conference interpreters are critical to the success of a conference. Ideally, the interpreters should have the opportunity to prepare ahead of time by reading material relevant to the topic your conference. This enables them to prepare a glossary and a technical terminology list.
Read more about conference interpreting...
Your delivery of the simultaneous interpretation services was outstanding. The Taskforce was very pleased to receive fantastic feedback on the high standard of the simultaneous interpretation provided at the meeting. In particular, the Taskforce greatly appreciated the ability of you and your interpreters to adapt to changing circumstances with agility and good humour. It was a great comfort to Taskforce staff to know that there was no need to worry about the delivery of interpretation services. Please accept our thanks and congratulations on the brilliant services provided.
I am writing to thank you very much for your contribution to the success of the recent IPC General Assembly in Sydney. I am pleased to report that the President of the IPC and the Chief Executive of the Sydney Paralympic Organising Committee had nothing but praise for the services which you provided. In particular, they commented on the calibre, consistency and clarity of your interpretations.